Senior Sales Engineer – Valves
To generate and create profitable sales from existing and new customers, and to provide support to external sales and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Generate professional (Commercial and Technical) proposals for Project Tenders from EPC’s and End Users including the assimilation of costs, technical compliance and assessment of margins to ensure the submission of the best commercial and technical bid to win the order;
• Understand the clients business to determine requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions, tailoring all bids and tenders to suit client demand;
• Liaise with clients, providing technical assistance and support, regarding technical specifications of products, and troubleshoot applications as needed, attending client visits to follow up and secure bids as required;
• Engage, communicate and build relationships with manufacturers to support proposals;
• Meet the quote and order processing KPI’s and maintain CRM data accurately and promptly;
• Ensure all sales procedures and rules are understood and followed;
• Ensure that business systems and tools, including SAP, are used effectively and in line with business requirements;
• Carry out basic commercial reviews of terms and conditions;
• Ensure that sales orders are entered in line with agreed procedure and that supplier sub orders reflect the project technical and delivery schedule requirements;
• Ensure that BOM’s and work instructions are created and distributed effectively;
• Provide sales support for other colleagues in the team and advise on best practice and protocol;
• Ensure all sales related documentation and communications are filed in line with agreed practices and in accordance with ISO approved quality system requirements;
• Support the General Manager and wider team in the execution of our local and international contracts;
• Collate and produce regular reports as required;
• Any other ad-hoc duties that may be delegated by management that are within the capabilities of the Technical Internal Sales Representative.
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements
Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
• A minimum of three years technical sales experience – with valves and/or automation experience preferable
• An understanding of oil and gas industry specifications is preferable
• Proven proposals experience with EPC’s
• Engineering background – ideally mechanical or automation
• Excellent communication skills verbal and written
• Proven track record of working to tight deadlines
• Computer literate – ideally experience with