Technical Sales Manager / Business Development Manager for Valves
Based anywhere in the UK – Work from home – Covering the UK
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Technical Sales Manager to join our highly talented Water Sales Team to manage and develop new opportunities across the UK for our products and services within Water utilities networks.
We are looking for a target driven, technical professional to promote the sales of our products designed to reduce leakage, increase system lifespans and reduce costs. You will secure product approvals and trials to deliver designated products whilst supporting the Water sales team. This is a national field role.
- Provide first class technical support for customer queries
- Increase sales on key product ranges (Pressure Reducing Valves, Air Valve, Control Valves, Check Valves)
- Build successful relationships to achieve sales budget
- Arrange and manage field trials with customers
- Provide Business Plans for the development of sales
- Track market size and share, developing strategy to grow the market share
- Determine, develop and maintain product program
- Create a launch plan with the suppliers to include target customers, stock, communication media, training material, technical data sheets (toolkit), visit plan, launch, planned sales growth across 3 years
- Secure Utility framework agreements and secure supply agreements with Distributors and other Routes to Market
- Professionally manage the relationships with our strategic trading partners including maintaining a joint business plan and for creating and maintaining formalised supplier agreements
- Utilise CRM dashboards to create a report monthly, tracking activity against plan and sales growth against targets.
- Provide first line technical support for customer queries in conjunction with the supplier
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in a target driven, technical sales role; ideally within waterworks
- Valve, Water or Mechanical / Electrical engineering experience / knowledge
- Geographical knowledge of the UK and willingness to travel
- A Customer Service focused mind-set
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- A fluent knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Access and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task in a demanding environment